These before and after photos of the Alameda County Courthouse in San Leandro are a dramatic reminder of the destructive force of the 1868 Hayward Fault earthquake. San Leandro was the Alameda County seat from 1856 until 1873. The courthouse was at the corner of Clarke and Davis Streets. Don't miss Richard Schwartz's presentation on the 1868 earthquake -- a free event at the Little Brown Church on September 19. See the Events and Meetings page for details.